I made this Pizza Frittata on a Wednesday night, I wasn’t really sure what to make for dinner, so I started out making an omelet. Then I decided that my kids would like it better if it was a frittata instead.
The following site has some really great tips on making the perfect frittata.. HOW-TO MAKE THE PERFECT LEFTOVERS FRITTATA
I followed most of the tips including, heating my ingredients, lightly beating the eggs, and cooking first on the stove top before baking in the oven.
My Frittata turned out perfect, my kids loved it and asked for seconds! The only problem was everyone liked it so much that there wasn’t much for left overs. Maybe next time I will double the recipe and make it in a bigger pan.
- 12 Eggs
- Coconut Oil, to coat pan
- 1 Package Applegate Pepperoni, cut into pieces
- ½ Cup sliced green olives
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Jar Pizza Sauce (from Whole Foods)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs, set aside
- Heat a well seasoned cast iron skillet on medium heat, add coconut oil, add pepperoni and sliced green olives to the pan and heat until warm, remove from pan and add to the eggs, stirring to incorporate.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper to the eggs and mix. Drop in spoonfuls of the pizza sauce.
- Heat skillet over medium, melt some coconut oil in the pan, add the egg mixture, heat for 3-5 minutes until you see the edges start to pull from the pan.
- Move the whole skillet into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, time will vary depending on the depth of the pan you use. The pan I used was rather deep, so it took closer to 20 min. for the eggs to set up. Check the frittata after 7 minutes by making a small cut in the middle of the pan, if it is runny keep cooking. After 7 minutes check every 5 minutes.
- Once done remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Loosen the edges with a rubber spatula to make it easier to remove the frittata.