I found some really yummy Coconut Macaroons at Hyvee a few months ago on a shopping trip. They were so good and actually had real food ingredients. The only issue is that they were rather expensive. The package had 8 small coconut macaroons and it was about $7. Looking at the ingredients list, I figured it would be really easy to make them myself. I went to Pinterest in search of macaroon recipes. I found the original recipe on Yummy Mommy Kitchen.
When I was shopping for my Ingredients, I spotted Cocoa Nibs and thought they would make a nice addition to the recipe. They added a nice crunch. In case you can’t tell I really like Trader Joe’s.
These were a big hit with my family and didn’t last very long in our house.
- 1½ cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1½ tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons almond flour
- 1-2 tbsp Cocoa Nibs
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
- Scoop the mixture with a small cookie scoop, coated with coconut oil to make it easier to remove the macaroons. Really press the mixture hard into the scoop and then release onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Let harden in the fridge for a few minutes before eating.